THIS GIVEAWAY IS NOW CLOSED.
The winner has been notified via email.
Thank you to all who participated — stay tuned for our next giveaway!
This year’s lineup for Universal Orlando’s Halloween Horror Nights 23 features some of the most outrageously terrifying, highly-recognizable names in entertainment and pop culture, including AMC’s The Walking Dead. If you’re willing to face your worst fears, we think you deserve to be recognized.
That’s why, in celebration of the Halloween Horror Nights season, we’re giving away a $500 Universal Orlando gift card to one lucky survivor — it could be the biggest thrill you experience this Halloween.
Keep reading to learn more about our site, Universal gift cards, and how you can enter to win. Thank you to everyone who has the courage to participate, and we’ll see ya at Halloween Horror Nights!
Owner & Editor
Have questions about this giveaway? See our FAQs at the bottom of the page. Time to get you entered…
(You should see the entry form right below this line. If you don’t, see the FAQs.)
More about Orlando Informer & Halloween Horror Nights
Our website is the world’s leading independent resource for guests visiting Universal Orlando Resort.
The OI Universal Center, home to our next-generation ENCYCLOPEDIA of Universal Orlando vacation planning information, contains over 200 pages covering Universal Studios Florida, Islands of Adventure, CityWalk, and Universal’s on-site hotels. In addition, we offer our readers five extraordinary advantages over traditional guidebooks and other websites:
- Nearly same-day updates to our insider information as changes take place in the parks
- Immersive multimedia, including over 10,000 full-screen photos and hours of HD video
- Intense, first-hand coverage of annual events with advice written based on this year’s activities
- Comprehensive analysis of all construction projects and anticipated resort developments
- Live, in-park photo updates broadcast from Universal Orlando each and every week
Thousands of families have used our service to plan the perfect vacation and gain complete confidence in their knowledge of the parks. As we now celebrate our biggest and busiest year ever, we are very proud to take our place as the premier resource for guests visiting Universal Orlando Resort.
What’s more, Orlando Informer publishes the world’s most comprehensive and most popular insider’s guide to Halloween Horror Nights. Likely to be viewed over a quarter of a million times before HHN is over this year, our guide includes everything you need to know for planning your visit to Halloween Horror Nights…
The video cannot be shown at the moment. Please try again later.
More about Universal Orlando gift cards
Universal Orlando gift cards are available for purchase online at UniversalOrlando.com and throughout the resort. Once activated, they can be used just like cash at both Universal theme parks, at Universal CityWalk, and they can even be used at the front gates to purchase admission tickets and annual passes!
Universal Orlando gift card features:
- Multiple denominations available: $10, $25, $50, $100, or more
- Several fun designs (as seen above)
- No fees
- No expiration: The unused amount on the card never expires
- Use it like cash: Redeemable at most merchandise and food & beverage locations within Universal Orlando Resort (including the front gate ticket booths)
- Reloadable: Universal Orlando gift cards can be reloaded with more funds at many merchandise and dining locations throughout the theme parks
- For a limited time, all gift cards valued at $50 or more come with a commemorative Marauder’s Map. That means, if you win a gift card from us, you’ll receive the commemorative map too:
Frequently asked questions
Do I have to attend Halloween Horror Nights to win? No, you don’t. We’re just trying to keep the giveaway in the spirit of the event!
Are there any requirements for entering? Yes. You must be 18 or older to win, and you cannot have previously won a gift card from us. (If you’ve won a t-shirt or other smaller items before, you are still qualified to enter.)
I live overseas — how does that affect my ability to enter? It doesn’t. However, please be aware that we will not ship the gift card to you until you are arrive here in Central Florida for your Universal Orlando vacation. This does not prevent you from using the gift card any sooner that you otherwise would because Universal’s gift cards can only be used on-site at their resort — they cannot be used online or over the phone.
How will the winner be chosen? This is done at random using a function provided by Splurgy, the platform we use to host our giveaways.
When will the winner be announced? The giveaway ends October 29, 2013, at midnight. The winner will be selected and notified on October 30, 2013. We will announce the winner with his/her permission on this page.
What can I do if I don’t see the entry form? You should see something that looks like this on the top half of this page, it’s our entry form provided by Splurgy…
Do you work for or represent Universal Orlando? Nope. We are an independent resource and unofficial guide for guests visiting the resort.
Are you affiliated with AMC’s The Walking Dead? Nope, but we’ve watched all three seasons. The fourth season starts Sunday, October 13.
I have another question or a comment: Please feel free to drop us a line via our Contact page.