Universal Orlando features three deluxe hotel properties: Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, and Portofino Bay Hotel. This page includes general information that pertains to all three of the hotels. To learn more about each specific hotel, use the links in the navigation windows at the top or bottom of this page.
UPDATE: Universal Orlando is building a new on-site hotel! Scheduled to open in 2014, the new hotel — Cabana Bay Beach Resort — will feature 1,800 rooms priced as moderate and value accommodations. To learn more and follow the construction, visit our new page.
Universal Orlando’s deluxe on-site hotels – general information
- Benefits of staying at a Universal deluxe hotel
- Unlimited Express Pass access for all registered guests.
- Early Park Admission to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter at IOA (this is available to all on-site guests, regardless of whether they booked a vacation package). During busier times Early Park Admission may also be offered at Universal Studios Florida.
- Complimentary onsite theme park transportation.
- Complimentary shuttle to Wet ‘n Wild and the SeaWorld parks.
- Complimentary access to the amenities at the other two onsite hotels – it’s like staying at a 12-Diamond resort!
- The convenience of staying a heartbeat away from the parks – enjoy rides in the morning, go back and swim during the day when its hot out, and return to the parks in the evening for more excitement!
- Resort-wide charging privileges.
- Complimentary package delivery.
- Priority restaurant seating.
- In-Room amenities
- 32” flat panel television.
- In-room safe.
- Two dual-line telephones (one cordless) with voicemail.
- On Demand in-room movies and complimentary cable with HD.
- Keurig Coffee Makers featuring Emeril’s coffee and assorted teas.
- Refreshment pantry including soft drinks, snacks, candy, nuts, etc. for purchase.
- High speed wired internet access (fees apply).
- Daily New York Times delivery.
- Complimentary turndown service.
- In-room dining.
- Pool areas include
- Zero entry.
- White sand beach.
- Heated pools.
- Pool slide (Hard Rock Hotel and Portofino Bay Hotel) or interactive water feature (Royal Pacific Resort).
- Pool bar and eatery.
- Pool-side activities for kids, such as ping-pong and hula-hoop contests.
- Cabanas for daily rental that include a ceiling fan, flat panel television, refrigerator, outlets, and a personal server. Prices range from $80 to $200 depending on the season.
- Pet-friendly rooms
- Loews loves pets! Pets are welcome at all three of Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels.
- The hotel will charge a $50 per night cleaning fee up to a maximum of $150 per stay.
- Maximum of two pets per room. Guests are responsible for feeding and walking their pets (the hotels do not have on-site boarding facilities).
- At this time there are no specific restrictions on pet type or size. Of course, the hotel reserves the right to remove guests with loud or dangerous pets.
- On-site hotel availability for pet-friendly rooms:
- Royal Pacific: Non-smoking Standard and Water View rooms.
- Hard Rock: Non-smoking Garden View rooms.
- Portofino Bay: Non-smoking Garden View or Bay View rooms.
- Club level rooms, deluxe rooms, and suites cannot be booked as pet-friendly accommodations without special permission from the hotel.
- All three on-site hotels charge for parking, either $18 per night for self-parking or $25 per night for valet. The charge is per-night, and you may come and go as much as you please.
- Royal Pacific and Hard Rock have outdoor parking. Portofino Bay has a parking ramp.
- Day guests visiting the hotels must also pay for parking: 5 – 30 minutes, $8.00; 30 minutes – 24 hours, $20 (same day); valet for day guests is $35.00.
- Paying for parking at an on-site hotel does not cover parking fees at Universal’s main parking facility or at any of the other on-site hotels.
- Transportation to Universal theme parks
- Each onsite hotel offers water taxi service that begins 30 minutes before Early Park Admission and runs every 15 minutes until 2:30am.
- Water taxis are assigned to a particular onsite hotel and go directly from that hotel to the CityWalk drop-off area and back. They do not pick up at multiple hotels before going to CityWalk.
- Water taxis can be used by general park guests as well until around dusk. Then water taxi access is restricted to on-site guests and the Captains will ask to see room key cards.
- The on-site hotels also offer standard shuttle service, which drops off at the cul-de-sac next to Universal Studios Florida.
- Both the water taxis and the standard shuttle service are ADA accessible.
- Transportation to other parks
- For guests staying on-site, the hotels offer complimentary SCHEDULED transportation to Wet ‘n Wild, SeaWorld, and Aquatica.
- Please note that the shuttle may operate as little as once in the morning and once in the evening.
- Contact Concierge at least 24 hours in advance to reserve seats on the shuttle (you do have to reserve seats, but you do not have to pay for them).
- Supervised child activities
- Loews love kids!
- All three onsite hotels offer supervised children’s activities such as arts and crafts, story time, computer play, movies, and more so parents can explore CityWalk or book an appointment at Mandara Spa.
- At this time the supervised children’s areas are open Thursday through Saturday, 5:00pm to 11:30pm. Times are subject to change. The price is $12 per child per hour, plus meals.
- Kids must be age 4 to 14, and they must be potty-trained.
- IMPORTANT: This is not a one-on-one babysitting service. The hotel’s concierge can arrange a third-party sitting service as needed.
- The onsite hotels also have scheduled kids activities throughout the day in the pool area.
- On select Saturday nights each onsite features a Dive-In movie in the pool area for families to enjoy.
- Each hotel features a game room.
- Character dining
- Character Dining is featured on select nights at all three onsite hotels. The character experience is included with the price of the meals, and it is available at each hotel’s three-meal restaurant. In addition, there are kid-friendly dining areas in several restaurant featuring televisions with age-appropriate material, coloring books and games, and specially formulated children’s menus.
- Breakfast and meal plans
- Complimentary breakfast, snacks, and drinks are included with a club level room, along with other club level benefits. Otherwise, there are lots of opportunities to purchase breakfast including room service, quick and full service restaurants at the hotel, and several more quick service restaurants serving breakfast at CityWalk and inside the parks. Also, each room features a small snack bar.
- At this time there is no meal plan available for food at the onsite hotels.
- Refrigerators and microwaves
- Based on availability microwaves and refrigerators are available for rental at $15 per night each (they are separate units).
- If a refrigerator is needed for medical reasons, hotels can waive the nightly rental fee at their discretion.
- No rooms at Royal Pacific or Hard Rock have balconies.
- At Portofino Bay Hotel there are about a dozen Deluxe rooms with balconies, but these are only available on request and cannot be guaranteed.
- Business centers
- All three of the on-site hotels have business centers. The business centers offer FedEx shipping Monday through Friday during regular business hours.
- Universal’s Golf Program
- All three onsite hotels offer access to Universal’s golf program, which provides assistance for booking tee times, complimentary club rental, and other discounts.
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – seasonal rates
This information is provided courtesy of UniversalOrlando.com.
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – express check-out
I picked up this card during a recent visit to Portofino Bay Hotel (click the image to view it full-screen):
Universal Orlando’s on-site hotels – map
Click any marker to display the attraction or venue name. To scroll or zoom, use the controls on the top-left of the map. You may also switch to different map views by using the buttons on the top-right of the map.
View OI’s Universal Orlando Resort map in a larger map