Greetings, Dan here!
If you just made a purchase, your transaction has been completed and a receipt for your purchase has been sent to the email address you have registered with PayPal. You may visit your PayPal account at www.paypal.com/us to view details of this payment transaction.
For your convenience,
all links below this line will open in a new window
New members – follow these steps to log in and get going!
1. Go to the inbox of the PRIMARY EMAIL you have registered with PayPal and open your confirmation email from us. If you cannot find it, be sure you are checking the PRIMARY EMAIL registered with PayPal (often PayPal users have more than one email registered to their PayPal accounts), and be sure to check your spam folder. Still cannot find it? Read the FAQs below.
ATTENTION: You are looking for an email from <Dan at OrlandoInformer.com> with your log in credentials, and this is a separate email from your PayPal receipt. You should receive the email with your log in credentials immediately. If you have not received it after a few minutes, please use the contact form at the bottom of the page to let us know!
2. Get your username and password from the email and return to this page. In almost all cases your username will be the email address you have registered with PayPal.
3. Visit the OI Forum and click the forum log in button on the right hand side of the page:
Then enter your log in credentials in the text fields now visible:
When you have entered your log in credentials correctly, the page will reload and you will be able to view the full contents of our forum and write your own posts as you wish!
How to post your vacation planning questions
The OI Forum is the hub of conversation here on Orlando Informer. That’s where you want to head when you have any questions about your trip, or if you want to join the conversation about any topic at all. I monitor the forum on an hourly basis, and I will answer any question posted there within one business day (example: questions posted Thursday will be answered by Friday, questions posted Friday will be answered Monday, etc.) Other members are also encouraged to help with answers and share their insights.
So let’s get the forum opened in a new window by clicking this link -> OI Forum.
To get started, you must first be sure you are logged into our site. If you are, you will see your information near the top-left of the page. Here is an example with my information:
If you are not logged in, you will see a note stating that you are a guest and asking you to consider registering. Follow the instructions at the top of the page for logging in.
To help keep our forum organized, you will see that we breakdown conversations by subject matter. The first step is to select which category in which your question best fits. For example, if you have a question about how to tour Islands of Adventure during a busy summer day, you’d select Universal Orlando touring plans. Don’t worry too much about getting the right category — if a topic needs to be moved, I’m happy to do that.
When you have chosen the proper category for your question, click the title. Doing so will bring you to a new screen in which you will now be viewing all the questions and conversations filed under that category.
Now it is time to ask your question! Simply click the Add Topic button on the right side of the page:
Next, enter a summary of your question as the Topic name, then type out your full question in the main text field. Keep in mind that your Topic name should be fairly short, but you can type as much as you’d like in the main text field.
When you are done typing your full question, scroll down to below the main text field.
OPTIONAL: If you’d like to receive an email notification when you get a reply to your question, click the Subscribe to this topic button:
Now click the Submit Topic button at the bottom to post your question.
And you’re done! We will answer your question in one business day.
Finally, remember that the OI Forum is not just for asking your particular questions. You can also use it to join the conversation about any question asked by other subscribers, or you can start a new topic about anything at all.
How to modify your profile and change your password
Are you wondering why your display name is OI subscriber or your first name and the first two letters of your last name? Want to have a different avatar (profile picture) than a gray outline? Want a new password?
You can quickly adjust these on your Profile page. To view it, click here.
Once you are viewing your profile page, you will see all the options for modifying your information, uploading a new avatar, and changing your password.
Just remember, when you are done making changes, be sure to click the Update Profile button in blue at the very bottom of your profile page.
Alternatively, you can also modify parts of your profile when viewing the OI Forum. Just hit the Profile button near the top-right of the page:
Then click the Edit Profile button that now appears on the left:
Please note that your password and avatar cannot be modified from with the forum. To do these, you need to visit your main Profile page as described at the beginning of this section.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, we’re going to jump into our FAQs for payment issues. If you still have questions when you’re all done with this page, there is a contact form at the bottom you can use.
The number 1 reason why new subscribers do not receive a confirmation email:
The PRIMARY EMAIL associated with your PayPal transaction is not your regular email
For example, let’s say you usually use the email [email protected]. However, when you made your purchase just now, you used your spouse’s PayPal account, and that PayPal account is associated with the email [email protected]. When PayPal notifies our site of the payment, our site sets up the account with [email protected] because it doesn’t know that [email protected] isn’t your regular address — all our site knows is that the PRIMARY EMAIL associated with the PayPal purchase is [email protected] That leads us to this question…
I just made a purchase with a PayPal account that is associated with a different email address than I usually use. What should I do?
- This is easy! All you have to do is log in to the PRIMARY EMAIL address that is associated with the PayPal account you used. Then, find our confirmation email, and you are good to go.
- Remember, PayPal users often have several email addresses set up in their PayPal account. You need to check the inbox of the PRIMARY EMAIL account.
- What if I don’t want my OrlandoInformer.com account to be associated with the PayPal email address? If you are just worried about getting notification emails from us, you can change your email address on your profile page. However, you cannot change your username — that will continue to be the PayPal email address, which is what you will use to log in.
- If you really want to change your log in username too, we can do that, but you will need to complete the contact form at the bottom of this page. Then give us about 24 hours to respond. Thanks!
The number 2 reason why new subscribers do not receive a confirmation email
or do not have full access to the OI Universal Center:
Your PayPal payment was processed as an electronic check — also known as an eCheck
From the PayPal Help Center:
- An eCheck is a payment that you make directly from your bank account.
- Just like a regular check, it usually takes between 3 and 5 business days for an eCheck to clear and the money to appear in the recipient’s PayPal account.
We are unable to grant you subscriber access to the OI Universal Center until we receive your payment. Because an eCheck payment will not appear in our PayPal account for 3 to 5 business days, you will not receive access for 3 to 5 days. This delay should have been communicated to you by PayPal during your transaction.
IMPORTANT: Did you mean to pay by credit or debit card, but somehow ended up paying with an eCheck? It is possible that the credit or debit card you have on file with PayPal has expired. If so, your PayPal payment may have defaulted to your checking account, resulting in an eCheck payment.
I just paid for an access plan with an eCheck, and I’m kind of bugged that I won’t get full access to the OI Universal Center right away. What can I do?
- If you want subscriber-only access immediately, then you will need to cancel the eCheck payment and initiate a new payment with a credit or debit card via PayPal. To cancel your original payment, please log in to your PayPal account and follow their instructions.
- Then, to initiate a new payment via credit or debit card, visit our sign up page: orlandoinformer.com/subscribe.
- Should you decide you want to cancel your eCheck and initiate a new payment, please drop us a note using the contact form at the bottom of this page. We will make sure everything is cleaned up on our end, and if needed, a refund for the initial eCheck payment is processed as soon as possible.
Otherwise, you can simply wait 3 to 5 days for your eCheck to clear, and you will be contacted as soon as full OI Universal Center access has been added to your account.
Contact form – use it if you need it!
Please use this contact form to send me (Dan Hatfield, this site’s Owner & Editor) any message about payment or access issues. While you are asked to include information such as your name and email address, please do not include any sensitive information, such as your credit card number.
Your issue is extremely important to me. I will do my best to address it personally within one hour. However, because I sometimes need to sleep too, it may occasionally take just a bit longer. No matter what you will hear back from me in less than 24 hours. I appreciate your patience.